Mince Pie Rocky RoadCuisine: Snack, DesertDifficulty: Easy
It’s Christmas time… so a slight (OK HUGE) deviation from my normal form of content! But let’s be realistic, what you do and eat for a few days over Christmas is not going to de-rail your normal improved lifestyle the rest of the year. It’s what you do MOST of the time that matters.
This little gem was discovered via a friend on Facebook and is the perfect solution to those “surplus to requirements” Mince Pies…
200g dark chocolate
200g milk chocolate
3 tbsp golden syrup
3 mince pies
100g glace cherries
50g mini marshmallows
Optional: icing sugar
- Fill a saucepan half full with boiling water and place on the hob.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a large bowl that fits snugly into the saucepan and place it on top.
- Heat very gently, stirring the mixture until it the ingredients have melted.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the golden syrup.
- Add the mince pies and shortbread, broken into large bite sized pieces, along with the Malteasers, cherries and mini marshmallows. Mix well.
- Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper. I used a 25cm sq dish.
- Transfer the mixture into the dish and press down with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and then cut into 16 pieces.
- This is optional but if you like you can dust a little icing sugar on top.