Being a bit of a fan of pasta (every day pretty much actually!), and also hot spicy food, this super simple pasta dish is really quick, vegetarian and easy enough even for me to put together without adult supervision
- 75g Dry Penne Pasta (238 calories)
- 250g Passata (55 calories)
- 1 medium sized Courgette (72 calories)
- 1 medium Red Pepper (52 calories)
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (30 calories)
- 30g Raisins (88 calories)
- Spices to taste: curry powder, cinnamon, garlic salt, paprika (“don’t worry about it” calories)
- 4 squirts of Coconut Oil Frying Spray
This serves one person – assuming they are hungry!
And at 550 calories (approximately) it is not going to destroy your daily calorie allowance either.
I tend to like this for my lunch – a goo d amount of Carbohydrate to keep me fuelled through the afternoon. Low fat content. Strong flavours make it a very tasty lunch.
You are kidding right?!?!? Honestly, as much as I love all the people who read my little blog, if I really need to explain how to “make” this from the ingredients above… I think you might be reading the wrong blog!
-> Edit -< A day later and I have been properly chastised for not providing a basic method. Bending to ‘reader’ pressure I am adding a method. But when you see how stupidly easy this is don’t blame me 😉
- Boil the dried pasta as per instructions on the packet. Mine takes 12 minutes but I guess it is worth checking.
- Clean and chop up the red pepper into small squares so they cook more easily. Maybe half centimetre squares
- Also slice the courgette up into half centimetre slices and then cut each slice into quarters.
- Start frying the pepper and courgette in the coconut oil until softening and just turning light brown. Then add in the curry powder and other spices. Give this another minute or so.
- Once the pepper is cooked (will only take a further couple of minutes on a medium heat) add in the Passata and stir.
- Finally add in the cooked (and drained) pasta along with he cherry tomatoes (sliced into halves).
- Cook until the tomatoes are starting to looked ‘cooked’ (skin is starting to come off and wrinkle!).
- Once in a bowl sprinkle the raisins on top and eat.
Really nothing to it and you can be done in under 15 minutes… With a bit of practice!
Coach & Founder
Founder BitFitter, an innovative easy to use Training App.
L3 Personal Trainer, British Cycling Coach, England Athletic Run Coach & Swim England L2 Instructor
When not Coaching, he competes in Duathlon and plays golf very badly!