- Pre consultation questionnaires
- Face to face, Zoom, Skype or Phone Consultation (60 mins).
- Fully bespoke periodised training plan based on your goals
- Training plan posted monthly with 2 updates/month
- Regular remote testing to ensure you continue to train in your most effective zones.
- Training is managed through TrainingPeaks.
- Downloadable sessions which integrate with various 3rd party applications.
- Strength & Conditioning sessions built in to your plan.
- Full description and explanation of training sessions
- Your Sessions reviewed weekly and feedback weekly
- 1 phone call per month and up to 4 emails per month (initiated by you as required)
- Perfect solution for runners needing a fully bespoke training programme but with less intensive 1:1 support than is provided in the Gold Package, but still with regular access to a coach that understands you personally and can support you when needed.
- A mid priced solution that gives you many of the benefits of the Gold Package and still includes an integrated strength & conditioning programme.
- Offers you the certainty that you are training in the most beneficial way for you and that you are not wasting your time or following an inappropriate plan.
Nutritional Coaching is a feature of the Gold Package. However, if you have specific nutrition related questions then these can be answered by email (within your monthly email allowance). Alternatively, if you want a fast start to understanding the key aspects of sports nutrition and planning your own diet; purchasing a Bronze Package provides an ideal way to learn the key points quickly and vitally, how they apply to you.
Developing an effective run technique is vital to achieving your full potential. Your training plan will include sessions specifically designed to re-enforce key aspects of technique. You are encouraged to provide video recordings of you running. This can be difficult to arrange, but is not required for every session, and full guidance is provided regarding how to capture the required footage. Video enables a much greater degree of tailoring within your plan.
Strength & Conditioning
Unlike many other running programmes, and certainly the generic ones available online, your programme will include specific strength and conditioning sessions to support your development as a runner. These will be programmed to dovetail with your run sessions. As a former Personal Trainer, I am ideally positioned to identify the optimal exercises for you (bearing in mind your level of experience, current mobility, access to equipment) and can provide very detailed session notes and workout to ensure you are able to complete each workout correctly.
Improving your run specific fitness is the final component that leverages nutrition, strength and technique to enable you to perform at your peak ability. As you would expect different types of run session will improve different aspect of your run fitness. However, your programme will be more specific about which types of run session, the structure of them and the timing – in order to optimise your fitness for the specific nature of the event you are training for.
Why Choose Ed?
Supporting you with a friendly professional attitude and using open and honest communication to help you progress. I deliberately work with a small number of runners, in order to be able to build a strong personal understanding of each individual.
Coaching is much more than writing a bespoke training plan! Understanding your motivation, mentoring you and providing guidance that is in context to your lifestyle are the real value you will enjoy from working with me.
My background in Technology and Management give me a strong bias towards using data to underpin decisions. And to understand the science which leads to the data. This is particularly relevant to performance run coaching and helping you realise your full potential.
Working with me, you will be full informed and engaged in all the choices within your training programme. I believe it is essential for adult runners to know the Why and not just the What and How.
Choosing to work with a professional Coach is a significant investment of both time, money and energy, therefore it is important to have very specific goals and a coherent set of milestones to measure you progress with.
I am a very goal centric athlete myself and work well with others that drive on goals too. You will be challenged in the goal setting process, such that the final plan is robust, achievable and meaningful to you. This gives us both the assurance that the investment you are making is worthwhile and will deliver the outcome you are seeking.