- Pre consultation questionnaire.
- Face to face, Zoom, Skype or Phone Consultation (60 mins).
- Fully bespoke periodised training plan based on your goals.
- Key event planning and research.
- Training plan posted weekly and updated as needed to fit around your schedule.
- Regular remote testing to ensure you continue to train in the most effective zones.
- Full description and explanation of each training session.
- Training is managed through TrainingPeaks.
- Downloadable sessions which integrate with various 3rd party applications.
- Strength & Conditioning sessions built in to your plan.
- Nutritional and Dietary Advice for lifestyle, training and events / races
- Your Sessions reviewed daily and feedback provided daily
- Event / Race debrief and technical analysis
- Unlimited communication (UK business hours) by phone, email, WhatsApp or Facebook IM.
- Intended to be the most comprehensive coaching package for committed runners that value flexibility around a busy lifestyle and want a high degree of support on demand that is fully personalised.
- Intensive high touch coaching programme that provides great results in return for your investment of commitment and money.
- Comprehensive support across all four aspects of performance running.
Macro nutrient and calorific planning and tracking to guide you towards your optimum event weight, whilst ensuring you are following a balanced nutritional plan to fuel your training. Event specific fuelling and tested strategies that are specific to you. Food tracking and guidance around preparation and menu planning.
Developing an effective run technique is vital to achieving your full potential. Your training plan will include sessions specifically designed to re-enforce key aspects of technique. You are encouraged to provide video recordings of you running. This can be difficult to arrange, but is not required for every session, and full guidance is provided regarding how to capture the required footage. Video enables a much greater degree of tailoring within your plan.
Strength & Conditioning
Unlike many other running programmes, and certainly the generic ones available online, your programme will include specific strength and conditioning sessions to support your development as a runner. These will be programmed to dovetail with your run sessions. As a former Personal Trainer, I am ideally positioned to identify the optimal exercises for you (bearing in mind your level of experience, current mobility, access to equipment) and can provide very detailed session notes and workout to ensure you are able to complete each workout correctly.
Improving your run specific fitness is the final component that leverages nutrition, strength and technique to enable you to perform at your peak ability. As you would expect different types of run session will improve different aspect of your run fitness. However, your programme will be more specific about which types of run session, the structure of them and the timing – in order to optimise your fitness for the specific nature of the event you are training for.
Why Choose Ed
Supporting you with a friendly professional attitude and using open and honest communication to help you progress. I deliberately work with a small number of runners, in order to be able to build a strong personal understanding of each individual.
Coaching is much more than writing a bespoke training plan! Understanding your motivation, mentoring you and providing guidance that is in context to your lifestyle are the real value you will enjoy from working with me.
My background in Technology and Management give me a strong bias towards using data to underpin decisions. And to understand the science which leads to the data. This is particularly relevant to performance run coaching and helping you realise your full potential.
Working with me, you will be full informed and engaged in all the choices within your training programme. I believe it is essential for adult runners to know the Why and not just the What and How.
Choosing to work with a professional Coach is a significant investment of both time, money and energy, therefore it is important to have very specific goals and a coherent set of milestones to measure you progress with.
I am a very goal centric athlete myself and work well with others that drive on goals too. You will be challenged in the goal setting process, such that the final plan is robust, achievable and meaningful to you. This gives us both the assurance that the investment you are making is worthwhile and will deliver the outcome you are seeking.